Here’s my list of quality web directories. Quality is a matter of opinion so please understand that this list is based on my personal assessment. The criteria I look at when adding a directory to this list are: domain name, uniqueness of content and design, user experience, backlink profile,
PR, age and approval process.
- A1 Web Directory (since 2007)
- Abilogic (since 2004)
- Alive Directory (since 2005)
- Aviva Directory (since 2005)
- BOTW (since 1994)
- Business.com (since 1999): $50 OFF annual listing fee.
- DirJournal (since 2007): 40% OFF coupon code available.
- CannyLink (since 1997)
- DMOZ (since 1998)
- Ezilon (since 2002)
- Family Friendly Sites (since 1996)
- Gimpsy (since 2001): They offer a free submission option, but it may take up to 6 months or more for review.
- GoGuides (since 2001)
- GreenStalk (since 2004)
- InCrawler (since 2003)
- Internet Public Library (since 1995): Directory is still functional, but they are no longer accepting new submissions.
- Jasmine Directory (since 2009): 40% OFF coupon code available.
- JoeAnt (since 2001)
- MasterMoz (since 2006)
- Skaffe (since 2003)
- SoMuch (since 1999)
- STPT (since 1995)
- TSection (since 2005)
- V7N Directory (since 2006)
- Virtual Library (since 1991)
- World Site Index (since 2004)
- Yahoo Directory (since 2002): Shut down in 2015.