Here’s my list of quality web directories. Quality is a matter of opinion so please understand that this list is based on my personal assessment. The criteria I look at when adding a directory to this list are: domain name, uniqueness of content and design, user experience, backlink profile,
PR, age and approval process. If you’re looking for coupons, discounts, or promo offers on web directories check out my page here. As you may already know, web directories are an awesome way to get quality back links for your site, which in turn will get you ranked in Google!
- A1 Web Directory (since 2007)
- Abilogic (since 2004)
- Alive Directory (since 2005)
- Aviva Directory (since 2005)
- BOTW (since 1994)
- Business.com (since 1999): $50 OFF annual listing fee.
- DirJournal (since 2007): 40% OFF coupon code available.
- CannyLink (since 1997)
- DMOZ (since 1998)
- Ezilon (since 2002)
- Family Friendly Sites (since 1996)
- Gimpsy (since 2001): They offer a free submission option, but the wait time may be 6 months or longer.
- GoGuides (since 2001)
- GreenStalk (since 2004): They offer a free submission option, but the wait time may be 3 to 4 months.
- InCrawler (since 2003)
- Internet Public Library (since 1995): Directory is still functional, but they are no longer accepting new submissions.
- Jasmine Directory (since 2009): 40% OFF coupon code available.
- JoeAnt (since 2001)
- MasterMoz (since 2006)
- Skaffe (since 2003): Free submissions on weekends.
- SoMuch (since 1999)
- STPT (since 1995)
- TSection (since 2005)
- V7N Directory (since 2006)
- Virtual Library (since 1991)
- World Site Index (since 2004)
- Yahoo Directory (since 2002): Shut down in 2015.